Base Resources’ dividend policy
Consistent with Base Resources’ growth strategy, the Company seeks to provide returns to shareholders through both long-term growth in the Company’s share price and appropriate cash distributions.
Cash not required to meet the Company’s near-term growth and development requirements, or to maintain requisite balance sheet strength in light of prevailing circumstances, could be expected to be returned to shareholders.
FY21 Half-Year Dividend
As announced on 22 February 2021, the Base Resources Board has determined to pay a dividend for the six-month period ended 31 December 2020 of AUD 3 cents per share, unfranked (FY21 Half-Year Dividend). Key details about the FY21 Half-Year Dividend for shareholders are below.
Conduit Foreign Income
The FY21 Half-Year Dividend will be wholly paid from Conduit Foreign Income. Accordingly, non-Australian resident shareholders will not be subject to any Australian dividend withholding tax on the FY21 Half-Year Dividend.
Shareholder banking and tax information
To facilitate the prompt payment and receipt of dividends, shareholders are encouraged to receive their dividend payments by way of electronic funds transfer.
Dividend payments will be made, and any required withholdings by Base Resources in respect of taxes will be determined, based on applicable information provided to the Company’s share registry, Computershare. To provide or update their banking details and ensure their other information is up to date, shareholders should visit Computershare by 7.00 pm (AEDT) on Monday, 15 March 2021.
Designated currencies and elections
The FY21 Half-Year Dividend has been determined in Australian dollars. However, Base Resources will pay the FY21 Half-Year Dividend in any of Australian dollars, British pounds sterling and US dollars (Designated Currencies).
The FY21 Half-Year Dividend will be converted to British pounds sterling and US dollars based on applicable exchange rates on the record date (Monday, 15 March 2021).
Unless a shareholder elects otherwise prior to 7.00 pm (AEDT) on Monday, 15 March 2021:
- participating shareholders with a registered address in the United Kingdom will be paid the FY21 Half-Year Dividend in British pounds sterling;
- participating shareholders with a registered address in the United States will be paid the FY21 Half-Year Dividend in US dollars; and
- all other participating shareholders (including shareholders with a registered address in Australia) will be paid the FY21 Half-Year Dividend in Australian dollars.
Shareholders may elect to change the currency in which they will be paid the FY21 Half-Year Dividend to another Designated Currency by:
- completing a Direct Credit Form and returning that form to Computershare; or
- visiting Computershare online and updating their banking details to specify a financial institution account in such other Designated Currency,
by no later than 7.00 pm (AEDT) on Monday, 15 March 2021.
Direct Credit Forms can be obtained by contacting Computershare:
- on 1300 850 505 (within Australia) or +61 3 9415 4000 (outside of Australia), Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 7.00 pm (AEST); or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Credit Forms should be returned to Computershare:
- by post:
|Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited|
|GPO Box 2975 Melbourne|
|Victoria 3001 Australia|
- by email:
The key dates for the FY21 Half-Year Dividend are as follows:
|Ex-date||Friday, 12 March 2021|
Date of exchange rate used for foreign Designated Currencies
Last date for Designated Currency elections
|Monday, 15 March 2021|
|Announcement of exchange rate and dividend amount in foreign Designated Currencies||Wednesday, 17 March 2021|
|Payment date||Wednesday, 31 March 2021|
Depositary interest holders
Depositary interest holders on AIM will be paid the FY21 Half-Year Dividend in British pounds sterling.
To provide or update their banking details and ensure their other information is up to date for the FY21 Half-Year Dividend, depositary interest holders should contact the depositary interest trustee, Computershare UK, by 5.00 pm (London time) on Monday, 15 March 2021:
- by phone on +44 (0)370 707 4040 between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm (London time) Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays); or
- by email at WebCorres@computershare.co.uk.
Dividend payment history
|Period||Payment date||Record date||Dividend amount per share||Franking||Conduit foreign income amount per share
|FY20 – Full-Year||7 October 2020||21 September 2020||A$0.035||0%||A$0.00|